How Can I Configure Yahoo Mail in MS Outlook?
Will it be possible for you to transfer all your emails in Yahoo to that of your Outlook account? Yes, it is quite possible and there are several ways through which you can configure the Yahoo emails into MS Outlook. If you are successful in figuring out the configuration process, then it certainly helps.
When you make use of the MS Outlook, it does come with a premium feel. You get to access to a secure inbox with loads of space and an easy and simple to use interface. Besides, you are not anymore annoyed by the pesky ads and this surely comes as a relief. There are other benefits as well, such as advanced spam filters, mailer alerts, lock screen notifications and much more.
How are you supposed to configure Yahoo account in Outlook? The process seems tricky a bit for the first time users. But if you do stick to the procedure and follow the procedures, it can be done in instantly and that too, without having to face too many obstacles.
Procedure to Configure Yahoo Mail in MS Outlook
- Login to your Yahoo mail account
- Click on the cursor appearing on the right-hand corner and Select Account Info
- In the new window, select Account Security and move towards the section Allow apps that use less secure sign-in. Toggle it and save the settings to continue.
- Open any edition of outlook and ensure to switch it to File tab
- Click on Add Account and select Manual Set Up or Additional Server Types
- In the Choose Service page, select POP or IMAP and hit next
- Add in the personal details and fill in the user information
- Next Click More Settings and move on to Outgoing Server tab
- Check My Outgoing server requires authentication and then select Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- Open the Advanced tab to use the following settings
- Recommended:- Change Yahoo Mail Account Password.
: Incoming Server (IMAP) - 993
: Incoming Server Encrypted Connection – SSL
: Outgoing Server (SSL) – 587
: Outgoing Server Encrypted Connection – TLS or Auto
Once you are done, Click OK to finish
- Click Finish to save the settings and you have completed the configuration process successfully
What if Have Trouble Completing the Configuration Process?
The process of configuring your Yahoo mail in MS Outlook can be somewhat taxing. You have to stick to the procedure and follow each and every step religiously. However, if you are not quite familiar with the technical aspects, it surely creates some element of doubt. Under such circumstances, it is preferable to avail the help of experts available online, who can be then reached by making use of the Yahoo help phone number.